Thank you so much to everyone who joined us at the opening of our annual photography show at Lost Origins Outside last weekend! If you missed it, we shared an opening reception recap with some photos from the event, information about the exhibition, and a brief survey for attendees who’d like to provide feedback on the event. You can also view our virtual gallery and listen to some of the photographers talk about their images in the show. Our #2022XDC Instagram giveaway runs through June 30, so you still have time to check out the exhibition and participate. Our team is so grateful to everyone who helped make this show possible and to everyone who’s taking the time to come and see it!
- Focus on the Story has a full day of events lined up for tomorrow, including the festival kick-off party where the 2022 Exposed DC Photography Show will be projected, 7-9 p.m., free. Register and show your ticket for two free drink coupons. And be sure to check the full calendar for events all through the month!
- Photoworks is hosting an in-person reception tomorrow for their exhibit featuring the winners of Photo Slam 2021: Shelby Swann and Kristian Whipple, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- And be sure to save the date for Photo Slam 2022 on June 26 at metrobar and submit your own images by June 20 to participate and vie for an exhibition at Photoworks Gallery in 2023.
- Head to metrobar this Sunday from 5:00-8:00 p.m. for the opening of “A Long Way Down: The Grandeur, Grit and Humanity of the DC Metro,” an exhibit featuring local photographers who captured great images of the ubiquitous DC Metro system. We spy several Exposed alum in the list of featured photographers; congrats, all!
- German film manufacturer Orwo is launching a new ISO 500 color film based on Agfa film stock used in the movie “Out of Africa.”
- Summer of StreetMeet kicks off tomorrow in Rosslyn, with meet-ups happening every Saturday in June at various locations.
- Join Erica Robinson and Jamie Rose for a golden hour photo walk with Tamron & Wildfire tonight, 6:00 p.m., free, with lenses available to borrow during the walk.
- Getty Images announced a $40,000 creative grant to encourage authentic representation of disability communities.
- Mac Cosgrove-Davies is offering two hands-on, one-week camps at Photoworks for teens (age 13-18): “Handmade Photography – Camera to Final Print” and “Exploring the Cyanotype” in late June and early July, $200/camp.
Support for the 2022 Exposed DC Photography Show provided by the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities.