Our annual photography show opens next weekend! Save the date—Sunday, June 6 from 3-6 p.m.—and stay tuned for updates like the announcement of our Best in Show winners and how you could win a gift certificate from Capital Photography Center or Washington Photo Safari. (Hint: it’ll involve taking photos of opening day of the show.)
- Be sure to check the Focus on the Story festival calendar for all the amazing photography events happening this month.
- Submit a portfolio of five images plus your best photo by midnight May 31 to take part in the Photoworks Slam happening on June 6. Winners will hold an exhibit of their winning images in the Photoworks Gallery.
- sPACYcLOUd will host a projection viewing of “Black Lives Matter Photography Exhibition: rise up,” curated by Shedrick Pelt each night from June 2 through 6 accompanied by a video installation created by Jamon Jackson. RSVP for a chance to win a print from the exhibition.
- Rebecca Latson shares photos, stories, and tips for how to take in both the forests and the trees of national parks.
- Save up to 60% on books, magazines, and prints at Aperture during their Memorial Day Sale this weekend.
- The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards shared the best entries they have received thus far for the 2021 competition, which is accepting entries until June 30.
- TED Countdown, a global initiative to address the climate crisis, and image-based outreach project Climate Visuals have joined forces and issued an open call for photos that show the impact of climate change.
- An Arlington-based photographer creates all sorts of scenes to capture cicadas in everyday settings.