Our 2022 photography contest is officially open! Submit your best images of the D.C. metro area for the chance to be part of our 16th annual photography exhibition. We want to see your amazing Washington, D.C. experiences, from the epic to the everyday moments that catch your eye.
Have the perfect images all ready? Send them our way now! Not quite sure what to submit? You can check out the winning images from previous years for some inspiration and to get a better sense of the show. The entry cost is $10 per image, and you may submit as many images as you’d like. The deadline for entries is January 30 at 11:59 p.m.
Winning images will be included in the 2022 Exposed DC Photography Show to be held in Spring or Summer 2022. We are taking particular caution with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and its impact on social gatherings. We plan to kick off the celebration by announcing more details in early April. We can tell you the exhibit and events will be outdoors and/or with measures in place for social distancing to ensure people can gather safely. Winning images will also be featured in our virtual gallery for remote viewing.
Rules and guidelines for entering the contest and participating in our exhibit are covered in the submission page. Have any questions or comments? Check out these FAQs, comment on this post, or reach out to us on social media. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, if you don’t already, to get updates about all of our contests and events, as well as news about all things photography related. If you’d like to join our team as a volunteer, please drop us a line.
UPDATE: Join us on Tuesday, January 25 at 6:00 p.m. for a Last Minute Contest Deadline Happy Hour and Q&A to hang out with fellow photographers and find out more about the contest and previous winners.
Some notes about the submission site
- Please use a recent version of either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to submit to the contest. You may encounter bugs or errors with other browsers or outdated versions.
- While there is no limit to the number of photos you can enter into the contest, you will only be able to submit once. Please be sure to review your entire application thoroughly and confirm the price reflects the number of images you are entering before you hit submit.
- You can save your submission as a draft and return later to complete the submission process.
- If you realize you need to edit after you have already submitted, you will need to request a refund from Picter support. This will put your submission back into draft status, and you will have to resubmit it once you make the necessary edits.
- No refunds will be granted after the contest deadline.