- Launched six years ago, Women Photograph now consists of 1,600 photographers from more than 100 countries. A new book features a collection of work by 100 members.
- Fernando Braga captured lightning striking the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro.
- Voting is open through March 14 for the RSPCA’s Young Photographer People’s Choice Awards, a competition for young photographers.
- Head to Photoworks Gallery tomorrow from 5:00-7:00 p.m. for the opening reception of “The Mind’s Eye” exhibit featuring the work of students from two Montgomery County high schools.
- You can also RSVP to join Photoworks online Sunday at 10:00 a.m. for the free, monthly Photo Matters session on the topic of “Summer Is Icumen In.”
- The 2023 Leica Women Foto Project Awardees were announced this week.
- The World Nature Photography awards 2022 received entries from 45 countries. The grand prize winner captured a crocodile lurking in the mud in Zimbabwe.
- Photographer Tommy Kha frames his own American South with portraits that blend his Asian heritage and family history with the mythology of the South.
- Join APA | DC for happy hour on Thursday, March 16 from 5:30-8:00 p.m. at St Vincent Wine.
- Victoria Barnes is teaching a flower photography workshop at Made in ALX tomorrow, 2:00 p.m., $40.
Featured Instagrammers: October 4, 2015
Subtle tones, strong colors, and portraits galore in this week’s set, including a couple of papal visit-related images for good measure. Don’t forget to tag your photos #exposeddc for a chance to have your work featured!
Featured Instagrammers: September 27, 2015
This week’s picks run the gamut from underground to airborne, urban to nature, broad splashes of color to beautifully toned black and white. Don’t forget to tag your photos #exposeddc or #instantdc for a chance to have your work featured!
Featured Instagrammers: September 20, 2015
There’s still a lot of summer left in the Instagram feed, as seen in this week’s selections. Don’t forget to tag your photos #exposeddc or #instantdc for a chance to have your work featured!
Featured Instagrammers: August 30, 2015
Light-painting, circles, picnics, sleeping bags, bikes, car washes, and more. Here’s to a few more days of summer! Don’t forget to tag your photos #exposeddc or #instantdc for a chance to have your work featured!
- Next Page »