This weekend is your final chance to see the 2019 Exposed DC Photography Show! Admission is free, the gallery is lovely, and the photographs are beautiful. Join us on Sunday at 3 p.m. for an artist meet and greet and a closing celebration! You can purchase the photos at the closing or via our online marketplace, and you can also get a copy of our exhibition program featuring all the winning images for $10 or order it online here. Hope to see you there!
- The Fax Ayres lightpainting exhibit at the Athenaeum closes this weekend. There will be a gallery talk on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. where you can meet the artist and learn about his process and inspiration.
- Nominees for the 2019 World Press Photo Contest have been announced. The 62nd edition of the contest introduces a major new award for the World Press Photo Story of the Year.
- Earlier this month, Washington Gardener Magazine announced the winners of their 13th annual photo contest.
- Head to the National Gallery of Art today at 12:30 p.m. to view Gordon Parks’ early documentaries in the East Building Auditorium.
- Early registration for Focus on the Story’s 2019 festival ends February 28, so book now to save $55 off the regular registration rate.
- View some of the photos taken by NASA’s Opportunity rover during its 14 years spent roaming Mars.
- Peruse the finalists for the National Geographic Traveller Photography competition and find out the winners on February 26.
- Check out Capital Photography Center’s upcoming schedule and Washington Photo Safari’s calendar of events to sign up for photography classes and excursions.