We’re planning our next photography session with Knowledge Commons DC. If you’re interested in teaching a class, please let us know!
Time Magazine made a nice list of Instagram accounts to follow in all 50 states. D.C. gets the shaft, as usual, as pointed out by of the many local Instagrammers worth following, Jim Darling.
- 7:00 p.m. today is the deadline for Leica Store DC’s third annual juried exhibit.
- The 2015 FotoWeek DC photo competition is open.
- Manipulation has become so rampant in the World Press Photo contest – it could not award a 3rd prize in sports last year because everything besides the first and second place winners had been disqualified – the organization is soliciting feedback on how to revise the rules and jurying procedures for the 2016 contest.
- Photography magazine PDN dedicated its entire September issue to women, inspiring the Washington Post’s In Sight blog to feature 10 photographers that their photo editors think you should know about, some of whom are featured in PDN’s issue.
- Radio station WNYC noticed a lack of stock photography that truly captured the complex nature of a New Yorker. So they created “35 Stock Photos of Real New Yorkers Doing Things.”
- Sometimes the best view in the house is from backstage. Klaus Frahm’s stark series “The Fourth Wall: Stages” offers an unusual perspective of empty theaters across Germany.
- At the Bill Pickett Invitational Rodeo, black American cowboys are bucking the trend and riding for their forgotten legacy.
- Photographer accidentally lets loose a tiger during a photo shoot in Detroit.
- Polar bears frolic adorably in a field of pink flowers.