We’ll be announcing the Best in Show winners next week in the days leading up to our annual show opening! Find out more about the judges now and check back on Monday when we start announcing their personal favorites from the show. Then join us at the opening on Sunday, June 4 to celebrate 17 years of local photography and peruse the winning images together at Lost Origins Outside! You’ll also have the chance to win a prize from one of our sponsors.
- Join StreetMeetDC at Yards Park on Sunday at 5 p.m. and stroll down the boardwalk to Nationals Park and Royal Sands Social Club.
- MoMA invited seven photographers to share their creative process in their New Photography series.
- The California wildflower superbloom draws thousands of visitors every spring along with concerns about the impact that tourism has on wild spaces.
- The annual TIPA World Awards acknowledge excellence in photography products, with the 2023 winners announced earlier this week.
- Members of the British Press Photographers’ Association are showcasing their best work in an exhibition curated by five leading industry figures.
- Acacia Johnson documents the pilots keeping remote communities connected in Alaska where there are more pilots per capita than anywhere else in the U.S.
- Photos of Jim Brown recall his life, from Hall of Fame NFL player to actor and social activist, as he is remembered after passing away earlier this month.
- If you have a Profoto account, you can cast your votes for the Share the Light challenge through Sunday.