The comical moment where Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos dumps an ice bucket over his teammate Jayson Werth almost feels staged. Photographers huddle energetically, hoping to get their shot, as television reporter MASN Dan smiles and walks toward the freezing baseball player. Tim Brown’s framing makes this slapstick scene even more fantastic.
One of my favorite Washington pastimes has begun again. This image by Flickr user, Lane 4 Imaging, beautifully celebrates my excitement.
- “Reminiscent of a Geiger counter, a small speaker emits electronic feedback that increases in intensity the closer you are to an over-photographed location.”
- An interview with VICE’s new photo editor, Elizabeth Renstrom, about “keeping photography weird.”
- Photographer Eilon Paz’s “Dust & Grooves” digs into the private lives – and libraries – of the world’s most obsessive record collectors.
- Classic car enthusiasts and fans of vintage fashions donned their tweeds, trilbies and furs to attend the Goodwood Revival, a historic motor racing festival held every September in Chichester, England since 1998.
- After fourteen years of being immersed in the bloody wars of our era, C.J. Chivers – the best and most experienced combat reporter of his generation – suddenly decided to stop.
- “Dark Fields of the Republic,” featuring haunting Civil War-era photographs, opens at the National Portrait Gallery today.
- Head down to Maketto from 7 to 11 p.m., September 24, for “Five Photo Show,” showcasing new images by local photographers Michael Andrade, Ryan Florig, Tyrous Morris, Kyle Myles and Kevin Wilson.
- This helpful video has tips on organizing and digitizing old photos.
- An inside look at Dominican baseball.
- Ilford, long-time manufacturer of film and photograph paper, has been purchased, but emphasizes that it’s not only committed to analogue photography, it plans to put efforts into promoting the techniques to young photographers.
- Insight Astronomy revealed their Photographer of the Year 2015 winners.
- Ansel Adams’ rare photos of everyday life in a Japanese internment camp.
- Photographer and geologist Frederik Holm has been chasing spectacular volcanic eruptions across Iceland.
- Everybody do the baby owl boogie.