Exposed DC is a non-profit arts organization that facilitates opportunities for photographers of all levels. We don’t have a membership. We feature photography from the community online and in exhibits through the year; we coordinate social events; and we promote photography-related local events and news. That means you can get involved in a few ways.
Share your photography:
- Weekly Features: We select photos from Flickr and the #exposeddc hashtag on Instagram. Those photos appear on our website, on our Instagram account, and in our Friday Links newsletter.
- Monthly Features: We partner with Focus on the Story and metrobar DC on a monthly projection exhibit at metrobar DC. Images are selected from Instagram posts using the hashtag #ArtatMetrobarDC.
- Annual Contest: Our major event is the Exposed DC Photography Show that features work by local photographers showing the Washington metro area through the eyes of the people who live, work, and love here. The contest opens in December and closes in January.
- Exhibits: We keep a keen eye on photographers who are regularly contributing so that we can solicit them for exhibits. Aside from our annual exhibit, we often have opportunities to highlight photographers and their work for special exhibits. If you’ve been contributing photos, we’ve been getting acquainted with your vision, and may contact you to exhibit a selection of your work. For example, we partnered with the National Landing Business Improvement District from spring 2016 through spring 2021 curating a rotating exhibit throughout their extensive Fotowalk Underground gallery.
- If you’re a local photographer and have an exhibit or event coming up (or you know about one), tell us so we can share it with the community.
Hang out with us:
- Happy hours: We have a monthly-ish event for photographers to meet up in real life or, in the age of coronavirus, virtually.
- Patrons: Great images don’t mean much if nobody looks at them. Come to our events, support photographers, and purchase their work. You can view our online store with images for sale from our current and past annual shows.
- Partners: Is your organization interested in partnering with us or inquiring about advertising? Send us a note and we’d be happy to explore options with you!
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with all our events.
Really hang out with us:
- If you’re the kind of person who loves to organize things, maybe you’d like to join our team? Exposed DC is a non-profit arts organization with an all volunteer staff, but we’re a motivated team who loves to collaborate on ideas and work together to create spaces for photographers to flourish. We’d love to work with people who know our events — we’ve probably met you already! Contact us for more information or ask us at one of our happy hours.