This weekend is your last chance to see the 2020 Exposed DC Photography Show at Touchstone Gallery! The exhibit is open today from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and tomorrow and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. with free admission. We’ll be there on Sunday from 3-5 p.m. for a little closing celebration, and we’d love to see you there! You can purchase a photo from the show at the closing or via our online marketplace at any time. You can also get a copy of our exhibition program featuring all the winning images for $10 or order it online here.
- Graciela Iturbide’s Mexico, the artist’s most extensive U.S. exhibition in more than two decades with 140 photographs organized around nine themes, opens today at the National Museum of Women in the Arts. On view through May 25.
- Stop Motion is seeking analog photography from D.C., MD, and VA for their Volume 9 slideshow.
- The White House News Photographers Association announced the winners of the Eyes of History Contests earlier this week.
- Register for photography classes at Glen Echo before they start up in March. Topics covered range from darkroom printing to portfolio building, street photography to writing artist statements and more.
- The winners of this year’s Underwater Photographer of the Year contest were announced this week, with the top prize going to an image of crabeater seals that had taken up residence in an iceberg in Antarctica.
- Sign up for Union 206’s special mailing list to be notified about their monthly behind-the-scenes experiences at the studio during an avant-garde fashion editorial shoot for magazine publication.
- Join Farrah Skeiky tomorrow at Transformer from 2-5 p.m. at the official book release for Present Tense: DC Punk and DIY, Right Now.
- The New Yorker explores how Santu Mofokeng’s work wrestled with themes of history and land, memory and spirituality, and helped shape the course of South African photography.
- Chris Suspect will be releasing four books in 2020, starting with Gratuity Included which will be released on March 15. The first edition will have a special design including red film inserts to separate sequences and a red film dust jacket and is available for pre-order at $30.