Photo by @joshsteelephotography
Our 18th annual photo contest opened last week, and we’re excited to see the submissions rolling in already! You have until January 31st to submit your favorite images you’ve taken showing what it’s like to live, work, and love here in our nation’s capitol and the surrounding commuting suburbs.
- If you have photos of the Mount Vernon Triangle neighborhood, we also encourage you to submit to the open call for our third show in the MVT Photo Walk.
- And for the portrait photographers, you won’t want to miss the National Portrait Gallery’s triennial Outwin Boochever Portrait Competition.
- The jury in Scott Hargis Photo Vs. Pacifica Senior Living awarded the architecture photographer the maximum of $150,000 per image for 43 images that were used without a licensing agreement.
- Seems like as good a time as any for a refresher on what photographers should know about copyright, from the U.S. Copyright Office itself.
- National Geographic photographer Keith Ladzinski shares night photography tips.
- Nice Film Club is having its first photo contest with the theme of winter landscape and a prize of 10 rolls of film.
- A new book contains dozens of rare photos of Salvador Dalí’s seaside home and studio captured by by Coco Capitán.