It’s nearly that time of year again… The holiday season is officially upon us, which means our 16th annual photography contest is just around the corner! Join us at metrobar DC on Friday, December 10 at 6:00 p.m. for a happy hour as we kickoff this year’s contest. We’ll also be enjoying the first monthly #ArtatMetrobarDC photography slideshow we co-curated with Focus on the Story.
- Speaking of metrobar DC, head there this Sunday for a holiday art fair and book sale, including the 3 p.m. opening of “Look Hear Gallery,” an exhibit curated by Shedrick Pelt that celebrates the beauty and intimacies of Black culture in Chocolate City through the lens of Black photographers.
- Join Exposed alum John Buckley for a book signing of “Pictures of U,” his new limited-edition photobook at the Leica Store DC on December 9 at 6:00 p.m., free.
- Paying homage to historic photographs of groups of musicians and producers, Dee Dwyer assembled more than 100 go-go musicians in Chuck Brown Memorial Park for a photo dubbed, “A Great Day in Go-Go.”
- Flickr’s Your Best Shot 2021 competition is accepting entries through January 4 in six different categories.
- The closing reception for the DC Art Now 2021 exhibition of Art Bank finalist works will be held on December 9 from 5:00-7:00 p.m., free.
- View a selection of photographs by Yuri Long and Jon Malis at Photoworks online or in person at the gallery on Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00-4:00 p.m. There will also be an artist talk on December 8 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom and a gallery reception on December 10 at 5:00 p.m.
- One hundred photographers contributed wildlife photos to the Vital Impacts Initiative to raise funds and awareness for grassroots conservation organizations.