Just a few weeks left to enter our annual photography contest. Submit your favorite images of the D.C. metro area by January 31 for the chance to be a part of our 17th annual exhibit. We want to see this city of ours through your lens, from memorable moments to the beauty in the everyday and everything in between.
- The DC Street Photography Collective will have an exhibit at Project Create January 20 through February 18 and will hold an open call in conjunction with the exhibit.
- A British news agency has shared some of their favorite images from 2022 and invited the public to vote for their personal favorites.
- WPOW is looking for a president for the 2023/2024 term.
- The winners of the International Dog Photography Awards were announced this week.
- Finnish photographer Mikko Lagerstedt captures peaceful and expansive Nordic landscapes.
- Winners of the fourth Close-up Photographer of the Year competition have been announced.
- Sign up for classes with Capital Photography Center to learn how to get the most of external flash, create a photography website, and more.
- A video of a tuna fish’s death upon reacting to flash photography at an aquarium is making the rounds on the internet again, a reminder of the risk of using flash in that setting.