We’ll be taking next week off for Thanksgiving, so we’ll go ahead and express our appreciation to you now for being part of this amazing community! The holidays nearing also means our annual contest is just around the corner. We’ll be launching the 2024 Exposed DC Photography Contest on December 8. Stay tuned for updates and get those photos ready!
- Glen Echo Photoworks is hosting a “Monochrome Mimosas” event with the Handmade Photo Group tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. that will show the processes behind the prints in the “Timeless 2023 Exhibit.” Tickets are $30 or $60 for VIP with a photo book and extra raffle tickets.
- The 2023 Nature Conservancy photo contest winners have been announced.
- Umbrella Art Fair 2023 will feature works by over 150 artists over the weekend with three days of art, culture, and convening.
- Scottish photographer David Gilliver won the People’s Choice award in the macro category at the British Photography Awards.
- The controversial AI-generated image that was in the headlines earlier this year goes on sale at Paris Photo for €20,000.
- Tracy Camilla Johns, the lead actress in Spike Lee’s breakthrough film, presents her photography exhibit at the Laurel Museum through Thanksgiving.
- News about Black Friday camera deals are already circulating.