The 13th annual Exposed DC photography contest opens Thursday, December 6 at noon. Get ready to enter all your amazing photos showcasing life in our nation’s capital, and join us at our monthly happy hour that evening from 6-8 p.m. at Finn McCool’s!
- Join Exposed alum Amanda Archibald for a food styling and photography workshop at Steadfast Supply tomorrow, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., $35. You can also head to the Ditto Tree Farm for a holiday pop up shop on Sunday where she’ll be hosting a free mobile photography workshop from 12:00-1:00 p.m. and then taking holiday portrait photos from 1:00-3:00 p.m., $35.
- Instagram is testing ways to modify the way profiles appear, including removing total number of posts and moving follower info further down.
- Cecilia Paredes camouflages herself amidst bold patterns in her series of self-portraits.
- Three-time World Press Photo winner Lu Guang has gone missing in Xinjiang, with reports he has been detained by national security officers.
- A new book celebrates the history of hip hop through contact sheets that show iconic images amidst other outtakes along with interviews and essays from the photographers.
- A wedding photographer in Dallas illustrates how NOT to be a professional, getting arrested for public intoxication.
- Photo District News discusses photography post-production and how to handle the process and estimate the costs.
- New portraits of all 209 women members of parliament, shot exclusively by women photographers, will be displayed in Portcullis House, free and open to the public for viewing.
- RSVP to get on the list for Focus on the Story’s holiday party and print exchange; provide one of your favorite images that will be printed and displayed at the party and then take home someone else’s at the end of the night.