Exposed DC is a non-profit arts organization that facilitates opportunities for photographers of all levels. We don’t have a membership. We feature photography from the community online and in exhibits through the year; we coordinate social events; and we promote photography-related local events and news. That means you can get involved in a few ways.
Share your photography:
- Weekly Features: We select photos several times a week from Flickr and the #exposeddc hashtag on Instagram. Those photos appear in In Frame, Featured Instagrammers, and Friday Links.
- Annual Contest: Our major event is the Exposed DC Photography Show that features work by local photographers showing the Washington metro area through the eyes of the people who live, work, and love here. The contest opens the first Wednesday in December and closes in early January.
- Exhibits: We keep an keen eye on photographers who are regularly contributing so that we can solicit them for exhibits. Aside from our annual exhibit, we often have opportunities to highlight photographers and their work for special exhibit. If you’ve been contributing photos, we’ve been getting acquainted with your vision, and may contact you to exhibit a selection of your work. For example, we’ve partnered with the Crystal City Business Improvement District since spring 2016 to curate a rotating exhibit throughout their extensive Fotowalk Underground gallery.
- If you’re a local photographer and have an exhibit or event coming up (or you know about one), tell us so we can share it with the community.
Hang out with us:
- Happy hours: We have a monthly event for photographers to meet up in real life.
- Patrons: Great images don’t mean much if nobody looks at them. Come to our events, support photographers, and purchase their work.
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with all our events.
Really hang out with us:
- If you’re the kind of person who loves to organize things, maybe you’d like to join our team? Exposed DC is a non-profit arts organization with an all volunteer staff, but we’re a motivated team who loves to collaborate on ideas and work together to create spaces for photographers to flourish. We’d love to work with people who know our events — we’ve probably met you already! Contact us for more information or ask us at one of our happy hours.