Thank you so much to everyone who joined us at our opening of the 12th annual Exposed DC Photography Show at Dupont Underground and to everyone who came by to visit the exhibit afterwards! Did you catch our opening night wrap-up with great photos by Mariah Miranda? *UPDATE* The exhibit will be open 12-5 p.m. this weekend. You can also peruse our online store if you’d like to purchase any of the photos in the show. Now who’s ready for some links?
- Join Kirth Bobb, one of the 35 photographers in this year’s show, tomorrow morning for a Petworth PhotoWalk focused on taking family photography to the next level, 9-11 a.m.
- A picture of graffiti at Zion National Park got so much attention on social media that the self-confessed vandal turned himself in to park rangers.
- Eric Etheridge provides visual and oral histories of Mississippi’s Freedom Riders, including portraits taken around 50 years after their mug shots.
- The winners of the Focus on the Story Awards have been announced and will be exhibited during the upcoming festival, June 7-10. You can still register for the festival as well as special events, but spots are filling up fast so don’t wait too long!
- GQ turned the botched Photoshop job into comedy with its latest magazine cover.
- More Than Just Parks’ crew of three spent two weeks backpacking through Death Valley National Park taking 4 TB worth of photos and video to create a beautiful time-lapse video. The group aims to create them for every U.S. national park, and we are on board with it.
- James Forde shares his experience as a photojournalist in Venezuela over the past two years.
- Sign up for one of the many upcoming classes or special events from the Capital Photography Center.