Exposed DC is proud to partner with Mount Vernon Triangle CID on a new, outdoor photography exhibit, “Through the Looking Glass,” featuring images by four of the photographers we are honored to have in our awesome community: Ashley Tillery, Christopher Chen, Matailong Du, and Shedrick Pelt. Join us for the opening reception + artist talk tomorrow from 2-4 p.m. We’ll be meeting at HEMPHILL but the walk itself is all outdoors so please dress accordingly.
- Want to be part of our annual show next year? Submit to our 17th annual photo contest that just opened last week! The entry fee is $10/image, and the deadline is January 31.
- Enjoy some good laughs and big smiles viewing the winners of the 2022 Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards.
- Join PartnersGlobal and the International Human Rights Art Festival to discuss real-life examples of how art can fuel peace at the DC Mini-Fest: Arts 4 Resilience today, 4-7 p.m., free.
- Jason Persoff has been taking pictures of snowflakes for six years, with over 100 stunning close-up photos in his collection so far.
- The Women Photograph Year in Pictures showcases the work of 100 of their 1,400+ members across the globe, highlighting assignment work, long term documentary projects, and personal stories from the past year.
- The Guardian’s picture editors highlight the work of photographers whose pictures have stood out to them over the course of 2022.
- Registration is open for Reuben Radding’s six-week online street photography workshop being held in March and April, $800.
- Photo-editing app Lensa has been dominating feeds lately—first with its AI generated “Magic Avatars” followed by discussions about the ethics of it all.