Our 2023 photography contest is open for entries! Submit your best images of the Washington, D.C. metro area by January 31 for the chance to be part of our 17th annual photography exhibition. We want to see what life in our nation’s capital is like for you. What scenes catch your eye? What events do you look forward to attending or just feel compelled to document? Watch our recent feature on WETA Arts to learn more about the show and what we look for to display in the exhibit.
Winners of the contest will be featured in the 2023 Exposed DC Photography Show to be held in Spring or Summer 2023. Exposed DC takes public health concerns and accessibility into consideration when selecting the exhibit location. You can check out this page to view opening wrap-up posts and previous winners announcements to get a better sense of the show. We plan to kick off the celebration by announcing more details in early April. A virtual gallery featuring the show images will also be available during the exhibit run.
The entry cost is $10 per image, and you may submit as many images as you’d like. More details are available on our submission site. Entries are accepted now through January 31 at 11:59 p.m. Please see below for some important notes about the submission site to optimize your contest experience.
Have any questions or comments? Check out these FAQs, comment on this post, or reach out to us on social media. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, if you don’t already, to get updates about all of our contests and events, as well as news about all things photography related. If you’d like to join our team as a volunteer, please drop us a line.
Some notes about the submission site
- Please use a recent version of either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to submit to the contest. You may encounter bugs or errors with other browsers or outdated versions.
- While there is no limit to the number of photos you can enter into the contest, you will only be able to submit once. Please be sure to review your entire application thoroughly and confirm the price reflects the number of images you are entering before you hit submit.
- You can save your submission as a draft and return later to complete the submission process.
- If you realize you need to edit after you have already submitted, you will need to request a refund from Picter support. This will put your submission back into draft status, and you will have to resubmit it once you make the necessary edits.
- No refunds will be granted after the contest deadline.