Save the date for the opening of our 16th annual Exposed DC Photography Show at Lost Origins Outside on Sunday, May 29! We can’t wait to see everyone and celebrate another year of great local photography with you all. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks, including the announcement of our Best in Show awards selected by this year’s special judges, distinguished photographers and photojournalists based in Washington, D.C.
- Speaking of the Best in Show judges, head to Leica Store DC tonight for the opening reception of Cheriss May’s “Soul Connection” project, 7:00-9:00 p.m., free.
- Registration is now open for Chris Suspect’s Day of the Dead workshop in Oaxaca, Mexico with early bird pricing available through July 15.
- Join Photoworks for their annual Fundraiser Gala on May 19. Tickets are $150 (regular) / $50 (under age 30) and include admission for two people and one image from the print raffle. You may recognize some images from Exposed DC folks and regularly featured photographers.
- The 1882 Foundation, Asian American Journalists Association, and DC Public Library are hosting a pre-premiere screening of Curtis Chin’s short documentary “Dear Corky,” on the “undisputed, unofficial Asian American photographic laureate” Corky Lee, May 10 at 6:30 p.m.
- A federal judge granted summary judgment to Pinterest in a lawsuit by a photographer claiming the company infringed over 50 of his copyrighted works by displaying them too close to other advertisements.
- 39 photographers were announced as winners, jurors’ picks, and finalists of the LensCulture Portrait Awards 2022.
- Photographer Igor Posner describes his new book “Cargó” as “an exploration of the psyche of migration.”