We’re excited to announce that the 2021 Exposed DC Photography Show has been extended through July 11! That’s two extra weeks to visit Mount Pleasant and view the outdoor exhibition in person. Swing by Elle to grab a drink and stroll around the corner to see our 15th annual exhibition featuring images taken by local photographers of the D.C. metro area.
- The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities is soliciting applications from qualified individual artists and humanities practitioners for its FY21 Relief and Recovery Fund grant program. Deadline to submit is June 28.
- IGDC is turning 10 years old! To celebrate, follow IGDC on Instagram June 20-27 to find daily prizes hidden throughout the city.
- The deadline to apply for the Focus on the Story Emerging Storytellers Grant 2021 is today at 5 p.m. E.T. Submit for a chance at a $2,000 grant and a Fujifilm X-T4 gear package to help you begin and complete a community-driven project.
- Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG) is celebrating 40 years of empowering women around the world with a free open call for images on the theme “Women build a better world.” The deadline for entries is September 15.
- Lost Origins Gallery reopened Sunday with Kate MacDonnell’s “All Blues” exhibition, on view through August 15.
- A new kind of sports photography: Alice Mann’s award-winning series showcases South African drum majorettes.
- The New York Times reviews the exhibition, “Fotoclubismo: Brazilian Modernist Photography, 1946-1964,” at the Museum of Modern Art.