In case you missed it, we’ve extended the deadline for our annual photo contest to give you a little extra time to share your best images of the D.C. metro area with us. You now have until 5 p.m. TOMORROW to get those entries submitted. We can’t wait to see all of your submissions and look forward to announcing the winners next week. Save the date for our celebratory happy hour at 801 Restaurant & Bar on Wednesday, December 18 from 6-8 p.m.
- Come to our happy hour early and then join Stop Motion on Wednesday night from 7-10 p.m. for their Vol 8 Documentary Photography + Zine Release at Big Bear Cafe. Slideshow starts at 8 p.m.
- D.C. photographer Steven M. Cummings captured “The Last of Chocolate City” through black-and-white vignettes.
- StreetMeetDC is closing out 2019 with a meet at the National Zoo for this year’s Zoo Lights on Saturday at 4 p.m.
- Need gift ideas for fellow photographers or yourself? Cool Hunting has you covered with their Aperture Priority Gift Guide.
- Looking for a gift locally? Get your favorite photographer an annual membership ($228) to Union 206 and they get two hours FREE ($90 value). Union 206 members receive half off studio rentals and periodic discounts on workshops and events. Call or email Tiffany at 202-567-7206 or Tiffany@union206.com for offer details; valid on new memberships only and expires December 24, 2019.
- Join WPOW for their holiday party at Shaw’s Tavern on Tuesday from 6-9 p.m.
- The Guardian shared its shortlist for agency photographer of the year with the overall winner to be announced on December 21.
- Kodak is discontinuing Kodakit, the on-demand photography service launched in 2017 as the “Uber of photography.”
- Archaeologists found bottles of hair dye and other hair care products from a civil war photography studio.