Have you entered our annual photography contest yet? Just a few more days until the contest closes; don’t let the deadline sneak up on you! Show us your unique perspective of this city we call home by December 12 for a chance to be part of our exhibit celebrating local photography.
- Tom Wolff and Frank Van Riper will be at Photoworks during Glen Echo Park Winter Fest on December 14 to take your holiday portrait for free with a suggested donation of $25 to Photoworks.
- Winners of Image Quest 2019, the Red Bull Illume contest focused on sports and action photography, captured everything from a surfer kicking out from the barrel through a wave to a skydiver on a “megaswing” attached to a hot air balloon.
- Fujifilm opened a new store concept in London featuring selfie pods, photography studios, workshops, high-end gear, and more.
- A new book “Magnum Streetwise” follows the evolution of street photography as recorded by Magnum Photos with over 300 images from the 1930s to the present day.
- The World Press Photo exhibit at Dupont Underground closes on Sunday. Visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, and general admission is $15 with a reduced rate of $10 for military, students, groups, etc.
- View shortlisted images from the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition and vote for your favorite to help select the winner of the Lumix People’s Choice Award.
- Billy Meier’s UFO images, seen on The X-Files, are up for auction as part of a sale dedicated to space photography.