Already missing the 13th Annual Exposed DC Photography Show? You can still purchase many of the photos from the exhibit or get an exhibition magazine. We’re also excited to get to work on our next exhibit in the Crystal City Fotowalk! The Spring 2019 exhibit will be a color study: exploring how color is seen, captured, and used through photography. Submit your best images by Sunday, March 10 for a chance to be part of the show!
- This coming Thursday from 6-8 p.m., IA&A at Hillyer and the Embassy of Switzerland are presenting a talk and photo exhibition featuring the co-founders of the independent journal “Immersions,” which tells stories through narrative, reporting, images, art, and photos in large-format magazines.
- Also on Thursday, the Driskell Center will be having a panel discussion in conjunction with the exhibition, Posing Beauty in African American Culture, 5-7 p.m.
- Don’t forget to submit your analog photography from the D.C. metro area to Stop Motion Volume 5. Deadline for entries is March 8.
- Leica Store DC and 202filmcollective are hosting a photography print exchange on Sunday, March 10. RSVP to sign up for a spot as space is limited.
- The Guardian explores the role of photography in video games and how it is becoming more directly incorporated into games by some developers.
- Apple announced the winners of its “Shot on iPhone” challenge which were selected by a judging panel that included Pete Souza among others.
- Photographers with around five years or less experience can submit work to the Spring 2019 issue of Emerging Photographer. The deadline to enter is March 4, and the entry fee is $30/series (3-10 images).
- Critical Exposure is hiring a Program Manager and Program Coordinator.
- The Mighty, Mighty Half Truth – Version 12, a pop up photography show, will be at Jackie Lee’s tomorrow, 7 p.m.