Tickets are on sale now for the opening reception of our 13th annual Exposed DC Photography Show! Join us at Touchstone Gallery to admire all 43 winning images with fellow photographers and art lovers while sipping on all the beer and wine you can drink. Get your tickets now, and we’ll see you on February 13th!
- The Washington Post is hiring a travel photo editor.
- Today is the last day to get early bird pricing on tickets for the 2019 WPOW Seminar and Portfolio Review.
- Focus on the Story is accepting proposals to present at the 2019 festival. If you have an exceptional photography project or an idea for a talk that will inspire and engage fellow photographers, submit it for the chance to join the stellar lineup and get complimentary registration to the festival, three nights of hotel accommodations, and a travel voucher of up to $500.
- Join Exposed alum Amanda Archibald tomorrow for a Fancy Camera Basics workshop to learn about composing the frame beautifully, choosing the appropriate settings for your camera, understanding how exposures are made, and much more, 10 a.m., $75.
- PDN magazine’s annual photography contest closes this Monday.
- Winners of the British Photography Awards were announced earlier this week.
- Join the AU School of Public Affairs’ Justice Programs Office on February 6 for an event centered around Richard Ross’ new photography exhibit focused on youth in the juvenile justice system, 5:30-8:15 p.m.
- Javier Riera infuses landscapes with geometric shapes through light installations that he then photographs. The results are surreal and beautiful.