Earlier this week, we announced the winning images from our 2019 photo contest. Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest and congratulations to the winners! Mark your calendars for the opening reception on Wednesday, February 13 when you can see all of the photos on display at Touchstone Gallery. In the meantime, we’ve got some links for you.
- RSVP to join Leica Product Specialist, John Kreidler on Saturday from 1-4 p.m. for a portrait session of you with your “Object of Desire.”
- On Saturday night, after the Women’s March, the Social Photo Show – Images of Protest & Dissent will feature the work of 18 amateur photographers as a one-night pop-up gallery in D.C., 7-10 p.m., $19.
- The Capitol Hill Art League and Hill Center Galleries are co-sponsoring a show focusing on the beauty of all trees and are accepting entries through February 1.
- Place and displacement intertwine the series House to House and Suburbs by Pat Howard and Andy Currie in the latest exhibit at Photoworks, opening next week with a reception and gallery talk on Saturday, Jan. 26, 5-7 p.m.
- Framebridge is opening a new location on 14th Street.
- A Philadelphia-based photographer created a time-lapse video using video and photos taken by astronauts onboard the International Space Station.
- The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston is exploring Ansel Adams in a new light with an exhibit of over 100 of his photographs as well as images by 23 contemporary photographers whose work helps show how things have continued to change and reinterprets well-known scenes.