Have you entered our annual photography contest yet? You have until Wednesday, January 9 at midnight to get your entries submitted! Save the date for our next happy hour on January 15 at 801 Restaurant & Bar, where we will be kicking off another year of celebrating local photography and toasting to the winners of the contest.
- Vox pays tribute to women and non-binary photographers in their 2018 year in review. The gallery includes Exposed alum Kaitlin Jencso’s image of a Christine Blasey Ford supporter outside the Kavanaugh hearings.
- Registration for the Focus on the Story festival is now open! Take advantage of the flash sale that ends today to get a great discount.
- Join the founder of Washington, DC History & Culture tomorrow at the Newseum for a group visit focused on photography and photojournalism. Please note that attendees will need to purchase their own tickets for admission to the Newseum.
- The Independent shares how photographers captured 2018’s most compelling moments in a two-part series (part two here).
- Pete Mauney began taking time-lapse photographs of planes coming and going at night after photographing fireflies reminded him of his childhood observations of airplanes circling Manhattan.
- Photographer Li Zhensheng worked at a local newspaper in northeastern China in the 1960s, taking over 30,000 images that document a turbulent time in modern Chinese history that the ruling Communist Party tries to hide and that he is trying to share with his fellow Chinese.
- Photo District News shares the technology and trends they are excited about for 2019.
- RSVP now for the Visual Art Town Hall Meeting happening on January 26 to learn about Logan Fringe Arts Space renovation and the programs that will be offered.