Just one week until our 2018 Annual Photography Show opens… ONE WEEK! You have until Friday, May 11 at noon to buy your advanced tickets online for $15 or you can get them at the door for $20. We can’t wait to see everyone at Dupont Underground and celebrate another year of awesome D.C. photography!
- “He went from driver to Agence France-Presse’s chief photographer in Kabul, Afghanistan. He supported a large family that included 3 blind brothers and 2 blind children. On Monday, he was killed while covering a rush-hour suicide bombing.”
- The Atlantic shares a selection of Marai’s work.
- John Reardon, longtime photographer for the Observer, passed away recently. The Guardian shares some of his memorable work.
- In this interview with Focus on the Story, Kirth Bobb chats about street photography and shares some of his favorite D.C. street images, one of which is in our 2018 show!
- Someone photographed an osprey but actually captured a mini food chain in the process.
- Winslow Homer was more than just a painter…some 50 photographs of his along with a long-lost camera of his will be part of an exhibition in Maine.
- Benny Chan has been named the 2018 recipient of the Julius Shulman Institute Excellence in Photography Award.