It’s almost time… Our 12th annual photography contest launches Wednesday, December 6! Join us at Meridian Pint on Thursday, December 7 for our monthly happy hour and to celebrate another year of local photography.
Now on to Friday Links:
- The New York Times has a roundup of the season’s best photography books.
- Any “seriously rad camera” owners out there? Popville knows who found your Polaroid 230.
- Meet Cambits: the literal building blocks of photography.
- The New Yorker shares the challenges curators face with William Henry Fox Talbot’s pioneering photographs which fade over time.
- Photojournalist Erik Jacobs highlights immigrant experiences through his public art project in Boston, projecting portraits of immigrants around the city.
- Women face criticism over age, looks, and more in the world of fashion photography and not just in front of the camera.
- Julien Lanoo discusses his approach to architectural photography with Designboom.
- Bruno Mars got more than he bargained for when he posted a throwback photo of himself as a kid on Instagram. The photographer who took the photo is now filing a copyright infringement lawsuit against him and his record label.
- Fotografiska is expanding its photography museum concept with London and New York locations set to open next year.