Sharing this capture by Rich Renomeron just in case you tried to resist getting out of bed this morning like I did.
The Exposed DC / InstantDC Fall Review, featuring winning images by 45 local photographers, opens next Friday, October 3. Will we see you there? Tune in next Tuesday when we’ll announce the prize winners!
- The U.S. Forest Service says media needs photography permit in wilderness areas, almost certainly a constitutional violation.
- VICE presents its first photo critique show featuring Bruce Gilden “telling up-and-coming photographers if their work is transcendent, total crap, or somewhere in-between”.
- So wrong, and yet so good. Iconic photo portraits recreated with John Malkovich as the subject.
- iluvsturgis by Lacey Criswell and Amanda Hankerson explores love and commitment at the notorious Sturgis Motorcycle Rally held annually in Sturgis, South Dakota.
- A photographer uses all eight generations of iPhones to take the same picture and compare quality.
- This street artist takes photos of people tearing down his art, turns them into posters and slaps them up in place of the art they took down.
- Seen on friend-of-Exposed Andrew Wiseman’s blog New Columbia Heights: Whoa: Google Street View cameras go into Red Derby, Looking Glass, Red Rocks.
- Toronto-based Meera Sethi’s multimedia art project showcases the often-overlooked “Aunty” couture.
- Austrian photographer Reiner Riedler photographs famous film reels, exploring the relationship between the cinematic object and the cinematic experience in his series “The Unseen Seen.”
- Dubai photographer Richard Allenby-Pratt captures the impact of development on the desert.
- Take a good look at this rare Malayan tiger – it may be one of your last.