Join Exposed DC and Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District on Thursday, September 7 for an opening reception and artist talk for the new “24 Hours of #LifeInMVT” exhibition featuring photographs by Farrah Skeiky, Mukul Ranjan, Steven Cummings, and Justin “Olot” Featherstone. We’ll be meeting at HEMPHILL at 6:00 p.m. to view their current exhibits and enjoy complimentary iced tea and lemonade before heading outside to tour the photo walk. More information about the exhibit is available online here.
- Entries are now open for the Icon International Photography Awards, formerly known as the WPPI Awards of Excellence. Submit by October 20 at $30/entry with an option to pay extra for video critiques.
- DMV-based 10-year-old Myles Minishotta bills himself as the world’s youngest professional photographer.
- TechRadar shares their best camera picks for every budget.
- KEY BRIDGE, a fine art photography exhibition by Eric Johnson, is on view at Multiple Exposures Gallery through September 10. Eric will be at the gallery today from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Catch the “In Syzygy” exhibit at Photoworks by Artist in Residence Red Won before it closes this weekend to see a collection of platinum, silver, and cyan hand made prints.
- In honor of the 50th anniversary of hip hop, Eric Johnson looks back at the making of some of his most iconic photographs.
- A photographer’s viral time lapse video shows a kitten aging into a cat over almost 100 days.
- Images taken in 1845 of Sir John Franklin and his crew on the ill-fated HMS Erebus and Terror will be auctioned.