Thank you to everyone who joined us last weekend for the 2023 Exposed DC Photography Show opening celebration and welcome to our new subscribers! In case you missed it, we have an opening day recap on our website with some images from opening day and a survey for attendees to provide feedback. The exhibit will be on view at Lost Origins Outside throughout the summer and can also be viewed in our virtual gallery.
- The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities is seeking grant applications for the FY24 Art Bank Program and is hosting a free workshop online today at 10:00 a.m. Register for the session or view recordings of previous sessions here.
- A dynamic retrospective of Frank Stewart’s photography opens tomorrow at The Phillips Collection with various affiliated events throughout the summer.
- The 2023 edition of the Abbey Road Studios Music Photography Awards is open for entries through July 18.
- A new grant from Vital Impacts funds long-term efforts to document environmental solutions in the photographers’ own communities.
- Join PortraitMeetDC at Crystal City Garden on Sunday from 4-7 p.m. for their next meet in collaboration with National Landing.
- Sony announced a new CFexpress Type A card with 1920GB of storage and a jaw-dropping price of $1,400.
- In a newly launched Women in Photography podcast, SheClicks founder Angela Nicholson speaks with women in the industry about their experiences, what drives them, and how they got to where they are now.
- The Sony World Photography Awards is now accepting entries for the 2024 competition.
- Apple revealed its long-awaited augmented reality goggles this week, putting great emphasis on their photographic functionality.