Just over two weeks to go until our 17th annual Exposed DC Photography Show opens. We can’t wait to see all the beautiful photos together in the outdoor exhibition and to celebrate local photography with you! Join us for the opening reception where you’ll have the chance to meet featured artists, chat with fellow photographers, and win some prizes.
- Apply by May 22 to be considered for Critical Exposure’s Development Director job opening.
- The Supreme Court ruled in favor of Lynn Goldsmith who claimed the late Andy Warhol had violated her copyright on a photograph of the singer Prince.
- Reserve a spot for Leica Conversations with Bret Curry on May 31 at 4:00 p.m. to hear about his explorations in still and moving imagery and his cinematic approach to visual storytelling.
- Photoworks Gallery is currently displaying work from the winners of last year’s Photo Slam through June 25. A little bird tells us the show will be extended into early July.
- Joe McNally is taking students to the largest island in Estonia for a week-long masterclass July 8-14. The cost for the program is €4,920, not including travel or accommodations.
- A Chinese photographer documented his family’s immigration journey to America in a project he calls, “Fresh off the Boat.”
- Jon Enoch was awarded the title of Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2023 for his portrait of a street vendor selling candy floss.