On this Veterans Day, we’re thinking of all the men and women who have served our country. Thank you for your service and Happy Veterans Day!
- Join Lost Origins Gallery and the White House News Photographers Association (WHNPA) tomorrow night for the closing reception of the WHNPA’s 100th Anniversary exhibit, 7-10 p.m.
- A new exhibit in New York includes never-before-seen William Eggleston photographs taken during the early 70s when he was working on his Guide, the controversial and groundbreaking solo exhibit at the MoMA.
- Author Michael Lesy recently published a book that looks at the last photographs and life stories of Walker Evans.
- For almost two decades, Thomas Holton has photographed a family in New York’s Chinatown through marriages, divorces, and kids growing up and moving out in a project that the photographer says has turned into his life.
- Studio Gallery is hosting a group photography show featuring the work of 12 photographers in the lower gallery through November 19 and participating in Third Thursdays on November 17 from 5-6 p.m.
- A photographer that happened upon the small, remote town of Bliss, Idaho by chance has since begun creating a time capsule of life there.
- The Architectural Photography Awards has announced the shortlist of entrants for this year’s competition.