Did you catch our segment on the latest episode of WETA Arts that premiered Monday night? Enjoy a trip down memory lane as founder Heather Goss talks to host Felicia Curry about the origins of Exposed DC, some favorite images we’ve featured, the community we’ve been building for 17 years, and how to get involved. Even though we still have a good bit of 2022 left, we’re already getting excited about our annual contest opening in December!
- Join the White House News Photographers Association tomorrow at Lost Origins Gallery for the exhibition opening of “Through the ‘Eyes of History’: Celebrating The White House News Photographers Association 100th Anniversary,” 7-10 p.m.
- Aperture and Paris Photo announced the shortlist for the 2022 PhotoBook Awards.
- The Canon RF 600mm f/4L IS USM is a hefty lens at a hefty price of $13,000.
- Pete Souza will be at Sixth & I tomorrow night (rescheduled date) sharing images and stories from his years as the Chief Official White House Photographer.
- Peter Noble invented the solid state active pixel in 1966, a core concept used in digital photography to this day, for which he’s received some credit but not any money.
- Film photography continues to get more expensive with Fujifilm announcing an increase in prices for many photo papers, films, chemicals, and more.
- Robert Irwin released a new book full of wildlife and nature photos that showcase Australia with all profits going to wildlife conservation.
- Ben Thouard’s otherworldly image of a surfer battling with the underwater turbulence of a wave won the top spot in the Ocean Photographer of the Year competition.