Join Exposed DC and Lost Origins Gallery on Saturday, August 27 at 7:00 p.m. for an artist talk and end of summer party! This event will take place at the indoor gallery at 3110 Mt Pleasant St NW. We’ll have the images projected there as we chat with the photographers featured in the show, and you can still catch the annual show up in the alley next to Ellē as well.
- Join PortraitMeetDC tomorrow from 3-6 p.m. at Long Bridge Park in Arlington.
- The iPhone Photography Awards announced the winners of their 15th annual competition.
- An award-winning image is at the center of a debate about what constitutes authorship when creating an image with more than one person involved.
- The ColorPro Awards is accepting entries for their breakthrough theme through September 16.
- Profoto is hosting an image critique and contest to see how photographers use their lights to create portraits. Joe McNally will select five images submitted to review and select one to win some gear.
- Registration for fall and winter classes at Photoworks is now open, with sessions starting as soon as next month.