Are you ready to see Exposed DC on the big screen? Get your free tickets now and join us on Saturday, September 25 at 7 p.m. as we keep our 15th exhibition going with a projection night at Metrobar. Looking forward to it and hope to see you there!
- Exposed DC invites people to apply to join our Board as we look for creative and enthusiastic minds to figure out how the next chapter of the Exposed DC photography community can be as vibrant as the last 15 years. (Psst, you don’t have to be a photographer to apply.)
- “Look Hear Gallery“–an exhibition of images from Washington, D.C. based Black photographers Shedrick Pelt and Richard Williams–will open October 1 at Dupont Underground; entry is $8 for general admission and $5 for students, military, and seniors.
- The Photoville photography festival begins tomorrow with both in-person and online events that are free and open to the public.
- New features of the iPhone 13 include macro photography and enhanced video recording options.
- During the Civil War, photographers followed the armies to capture scenes from the battlefronts, bringing the realities of warfare home to the American public and even into a shocking photo exhibition in a gallery in NYC in 1862.
- Sigma is celebrating 60 years by giving away $60,000 in scholarships to aspiring young artists.
- Beautiful aerial images show the world from above in the Drone Awards 2021.
- Ola Maddams started photographing wildlife at night in her Buckinghamshire garden using a motion-activated remote camera during lockdowns in 2020.