Exposed DC is looking for new Board members! Are you interested in the future of photography? Do you love art events and art programming? Do you love living in the DMV? We want creative and enthusiastic minds to figure out how the next chapter of the Exposed DC photography community can be as vibrant as the last 15 years. Join us! (Psst, you don’t have to be a photographer!) APPLY NOW
- A federal judge has found that a part of Georgia’s new election law that broadly prohibits the photographing of a voted ballot is likely unconstitutional.
- Finalists have been announced for the Northern Photography Prize, a competition established by a crime author who has set many of her murder mysteries in the region of England.
- Redeat Wondemu spent much of her childhood in Addis Ababa and returned as an adult to start a project photographing the people there as they are.
- Join Exposed alum Kirth Bobb and District Camera and Imaging for a webinar on DC street photography on August 31 at 6 p.m. Registration required.
- Black Women Photographers is holding a Haiti Relief Print Sale, with all proceeds going to Ayiti Demen/FOKAL, a local organization working directly to help with the relief.
- The third annual Leica Women Foto Project Award will grant three photographers $10,000 and Leica gear to help complete an in-progress, personal photo project that bears witness to humanity, expressed through the female point of view. The call for entries is open through October 8.
- Register for fall classes and workshops at Photoworks before they begin in September.
- A bright red jellyfish spotted at a depth of 700 meters may be an undescribed species.