Join us on August 19 at 6:00 p.m. for a virtual roundtable. We look forward to catching up with you and seeing photos from your vacations or staycations. Register here and check your confirmation email for details on how to upload your image and join the session next week.
- View the winning images of the 15th annual Washington Gardener Photo Contest at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens through August 30, open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Times’ pictures of the month for July include photos from around the world and a few words on how they came about.
- PhotoWorks is offering a new, free virtual program called “Photo Matters,” beginning August 22 at 10:00 a.m. It’ll be a Zoom where people can hang out and discuss all matters photographic.
- Sigma Ambassador Anabel Dflux will be sharing tips and tricks for shooting concerts on August 25 at 7:00 p.m. during a live webinar with PROCAM.
- The International Center of Photography in New York has announced David E. Little as its next executive director.
- Aerial photographs of houses in Ecuador convey the relationship between the buildings and their contexts using drones.
- An essay explores questions of privacy invasion by comparing paparazzi photography to wildlife photography.
- A soon-to-be-released documentary celebrates the legacy of Picture Post, the highly influential magazine which shaped perceptions of British life during and after World War II.