Whether you’re venturing out with your camera or you’re at home and an everyday scene captures your eye, focus on framing and share your image with us during our next virtual roundtable on July 22 at 6 p.m. Register here to let us know you’ll be joining and get all the details for the session and how to share your image with us in the confirmation email.
- In case you missed it, Crystal City BID expanded its boundaries earlier this year and is now known as the National Landing BID. We are excited to continue our partnership on the Underground Fotowalk and will be announcing our next call for entries very soon, so stay tuned!
- On July 15, Eastern Apollo and the Warburg Institute will begin a series of discussions about how museums reflect and refract art forms and other fields. The series will start with “Photography and the Museum,” exploring several questions about photography, its relationship with the gallery, ideal format to share work, and more.
- Sports photojournalists in North America are anxious to get back to work and share some thoughts about challenges and limitations they may face as COVID-19 continues to impact the industry.
- Freelance writer and photographer Melanie D.G. Kaplan started noticing discarded masks and gloves during her daily outings and decided to start documenting them, taking nearly 700 images since the pandemic began.
- Join Focus on the Story and ZEKE magazine next Friday for a conversation about representation in documentary photography and who can best tell the stories of a culture or people.
- Ted Humble-Smith, a conceptual still life photographer well known for his fashion work, produced a series of images to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the MacRobert Award, which honours examples of remarkable British innovation.
- Tyler Mitchell shares his perspective on the anti-racism protests, photographing Beyoncé for Vogue and the depiction of black people in art.
- Big wave photographer Sachi Cunningham has captured waves up to 60 feet tall and shot the first-ever big wave women’s surf competition in 2016.