We want to thank everyone who has participated in our virtual roundtables for joining us as well as sharing valuable feedback about the work being shared and the sessions themselves. We’d like to explore an idea that was suggested recently to provide the theme in advance along with some additional time for people to make images specifically for the next session. Our next virtual roundtable will focus on framing and is slated for July 22. Hope this provides some inspiration, and we look forward to seeing what you create!
- Big, bittersweet news from our friends at Critical Exposure—Adam Levner, their executive director and one of the organization’s co-founders, is stepping down after 16 years of leadership on August 31. A committee has been appointed to manage the executive search and Koya Leadership Partners has been retained to guide the hiring process. The position profile can be viewed here.
- Earlier this week, Focus on the Story announced the winner of their inaugural visual storytelling grant, as well as the best single image winner and runners up.
- Adorama is encouraging creatives to #CreateNoMatterWhat, with the latest challenge focused on nighttime photography. Photos submitted by July 8 before midnight will be eligible for a prize package worth over $3,000.
- BET features D.C. photographer Tony Mobley’s images as part of a “Content for Change” public service announcement.
- As an exhibition of Gordon Parks’ enduring works opens at a gallery in London, AnOther gathered a selection of his quotes on the power of photography.
- Applications are now open for the Fall 2020 Cohort of the 202Creates Residency Program, which will commence in September.
- A photography series celebrates unusual sights in London away from tourist hotspots.