Have some time off for the holidays? Enter our 13th annual photo contest to show us what captures your eye while living and working in the D.C. area. We hope you all enjoy the holiday season and our last Friday Links of the year… See you in 2019!
- The New Yorker shares some of its favorite images of the year.
- The Guardian has its top 10 photography shows of 2018.
- PBS News Hour takes a look at photographers Wendy Watriss and Fred Baldwin’s documentation of rural America over the years.
- The Community Collective’s next pop-up series featuring 16 photographers will be Sunday, December 30 at Creative Hands Studio at 52 O St., 3-6 p.m.
- Steve McCurry joined Kate Snow for a 15-minute segment on NBC Nightly News to talk about his career and how he got into photography.
- Focus on the Story has announced the initial lineup for the 2019 festival. Stay tuned for updates and registration to open soon.
- Verónica Sanchis Bencomo talks with The New York Times about creating Foto Féminas, an online community for Latin American women photographers.
- If you’re looking for some holiday photography ideas, an Olympus designer and photographer shared his tutorial for creating Christmas tree shaped bokeh.