The dog days of summer aren’t here just yet, but this cleverly framed shot by Mikey Kennedy is making me want to abandon my desk and find a good spot for a nice, long afternoon nap.
In Frame: January 12, 2015
Sometimes we pick a shot simply to put a smile on your face. Is there anything happier than a dog in the snow? Photo by Kevin Wolf.
We hope to be putting smiles on the faces of about 40 of you tomorrow, when we announce the winners of our 2015 Exposed DC photography contest. Check back around noon, and then join us at Meridian Pint Tuesday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. for a happy hour to celebrate.
Friday Links: October 31, 2014
We’re counting on you to put some horribly creepy and awesome Halloween images in our pool this weekend, everyone. Put on some comfortable shoes in November, because we’re about to announce a ton of Exposed DC events for you to soak up, including a metro-accessible extended run of our InstantDC Fall Review and a quick-round of free photography classes through Knowledge Commons DC. You’ve also got FotoweekDC kicking off next Friday — we’ll have a preview of recommended events for you early next week. Now, on to Friday Links!
- LIFE photographer Michael Rougier shows just how awkward it is when the housekeeper has to step over the lion.
- The lava flow from Kilauea has almost reached the town on Pahoa on the Big Island of Hawaii, and the photos of the destruction are fascinating.
- This seems like a good time to look back on the All-Time Favorite Volcano photos from National Geographic.
- Everyone loves a puppy photo, but Pete Thorne’s portrait series with old dogs is moving.
- Do you love fall foliage? Do you also love wine? REI has a photo class for you.
- Mark your calendars, “Photo Trends & Evolution” panel discussion, featuring panelists Jim Darling, Meghan Dhaliwal, Holly Garner, Susana Raab and Matt Rakola, moderated by Roshani Kothari – November 18th at MLK, 6-8 p.m.
- The first Hasselblad in space is going up for auction on November 13. It is rumored to have taken this infamous space photo.
- The post may be from last year, but the photos from the Buzzfeed roundup of scary vintage Halloween costumes are still creepy.
- And finally, a tiger at the Hagenbeck Zoo in Germany was able to enjoy a meat filled pumpkin.
In Frame: October 15, 2014
If the gloomy weather is getting you down, this neatly framed shot by John Leszczynski is sure to put a smile on your face. Also, Rudy is a great name for a dog.
In Frame: September 8, 2014
The end of summer brings many rituals: from the start of the school year, to the beginning of football season, to the annual doggie swim at local pools. This pooch seems to be enjoying his shake-off, and the way his face is contorting is priceless. Nicely done Rob Cannon.