Just over two weeks left to submit to our annual photo contest! Enter before midnight on January 31 for the chance to be part of our 18th annual exhibition and celebration of local photography in our nation’s capital.
- Head to 200 I St Gallery tonight from 6:00-8:00 p.m. for a reception to celebrate the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities’ latest exhibition, “Legacy: Civil Rights at 60.”
- Join Lost Origins Gallery for an artist talk and closing party for Frank Day’s “Invasive” exhibit this Sunday from 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Join Photoworks on January 20 for an online artist talk with Walter Plotnick in conjunction with his “Surprise Inside Series” on view at their gallery through February 4.
- The Winter 2024 edition of Truth in Photography focuses on the themes of focus and love songs.
- Exposed alum Robin Fader will be presenting work during the Social Documentary Network (SDN) Virtual Salon on Wednesday, January 17, 12:30-2:00 p.m. on Zoom.
- The Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest revealed its shortlist of 25 images; cast a vote for your personal favorite to win the People’s Choice Award by the end of the month.
- Thousands of photos of Māori life from the early 20th century have been brought back to New Zealand after nearly ending up in an American landfill.
- StreetMeetDC released their core schedule of meets for the year. The first one is January 27 in Chinatown.
- Just a few days left to submit your photos to the open call for Mount Vernon Triangle’s Photo Walk.