Happy New Year! As 2024 gets underway, we look forward to seeing the best of 2023 through the images you submit to our 18th annual photography contest! You have until the end of the month to enter the contest. Have any questions? Check out our FAQ or reach out via email.
- If you’re in Baltimore this month or next, you can catch Exposed alum Kim Keller’s exhibition at the Hamilton Arts Collective. The opening reception is tomorrow from 1-4 p.m. Artist receptions will also be held on January 21 and February 18.
- Dr. Peter Magubane, the South African photographer whose images documenting the cruelties and violence of apartheid drew global acclaim but punishment at home died on Monday at the age of 91.
- After 5,000 photos, Martin Bond has decided to conclude his project, which showcased the city of Cambridge with an image a day.
- Recall the biggest film photography news of 2023 with this recap.
- See how people celebrated the new year around the world.
- New year, new calendar…how about one featuring airborne cats inspired by Salvador Dalí?
- Register for the next Arnold Newman Lecture Series on Photography happening January 28 in conjunction with the Dorothea Lange exhibit on display at the National Gallery of Art through the end of March.
- Submit photos of the Mount Vernon Triangle neighborhood by January 15 for the chance to be part of the next MVT Photo Walk. Free to enter with a $100 honorarium for each featured photograph selected for the show.