Photo by John Brighenti
As 2023 comes to a close, we reflect on the year that was and look forward to what the new year will bring. While you reminisce, we invite you to enter our 18th annual photography contest celebrating life in the D.C. metro area through the lens of the photographers who call this region home. We hope this holiday season has treated you well and that your new year kicks off with a solid start!
- Astronomers have a long tradition of finding holiday cheer in outer space; last month NASA released an image of the Christmas Tree Galaxy Cluster.
- The New York Times’ Year in Pictures commemorates the big news events from January to December along with some everyday bliss.
- Associated Press (AP) also shared the most memorable photos of the year as captured by AP photographers.
- Amateur Photographer recaps this year’s breakthroughs and trends in the photography industry.
- Have a great photo of the Mount Vernon Triangle neighborhood? Submit it to the open call for the third MVT Photo Walk by January 15.
- The 18th Annual Washington Gardener Magazine Photo Contest will accept entries January 1 through 21.
- Jamie Scott’s latest timelapse documents the icy seizure of plants, leaves, and terrain across New York State and Montréal.