Have you been by Lost Origins Outside to view our annual photography show yet? Visit anytime this month and share a picture on Instagram (with required tags and follows) for a chance to win a $100 gift certificate to Capital Photography Center or Aperturent! Contest details are available at xpsd.co/2023XDC.
- If you go this weekend, you can also check out the new “Curating Sound: The Art of Inner Ear” exhibit opening tomorrow night at Lost Origins Gallery (the inside one!) and a block party in Lamont Plaza on Sunday at 3 p.m.
- The National Portrait Gallery is hosting a guest curator talk and tour of the “One Life: Frederick Douglass” exhibition today at 3:00 p.m., free, registration recommended.
- Join StreetMeetDC at Alethia Tanner Park tomorrow at 6 p.m. for a meet and at Wonderland Ballroom on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. for a brunch and chill where you can edit photos from the meet.
- Australian photographer Max Dupain’s 40-year project features north Queensland cane fields.
- Capture One has released their photo-editing app for iPhone enabling photographers to connect their cameras to their phones and shoot images directly to the app.
- A new composite released by the Bruce Murray Laboratory for Planetary Visualization details 99.5 percent of Mars’ surface in unprecedented detail.
- WPOW’s 17th Annual Photography & Multimedia Exhibition is now open for submissions for WPOW members.
- IA&A at Hillyer will be releasing its annual call for proposals soon, and Hillyer Director Tim Brown will be holding a Zoom session going over how to prepare for the call on June 26.