- Squirrel Week is back! Amateur photographers are invited to share their best squirrel photo with the Washington Post by April 3.
- Photography collector and dealer Anna Walker Skillman shares how raising a family has informed her collection and how it reflects her personal values.
- Winners of the 12th annual Mobile Photography Awards show how far phone cameras have come over the years and what great shots can be captured by them.
- Head to Lost Origins Gallery Sunday at 3 p.m. for a presentation and artist roundtable with Farrah Skeiky, Jason Hamacher, and Jeffrey Everett about making art in relationship to music.
- The paradoxical work of acclaimed fashion photographer Rodney Smith will appear in a new book by Getty Publications, including many images that haven’t yet been seen.
- Join PortraitMeetDC at Stanton Park for a cherry blossom themed meet tomorrow from 2-5 p.m.
- Leica Store DC is hosting an exhibition reception for Devin Allen’s “No Justice, No Peace” on Thursday, March 30 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Since 1995, Ai Weiwei has photographed bastions of power with his raised middle finger in the foreground. Now he and Avant Arte have collaborated to make his emblematic finger available to all through Google maps and beyond.
- DPReview, one of the oldest and most respected photography publications on the web, is ceasing operations in less than a month as part of Amazon’s latest slate of layoffs.