Thank you to everyone who joined us for happy hour on Wednesday night and to 801 Restaurant & Bar for having us. We had a great time connecting with new folks and reconnecting with long-timers as well. Congratulations once again to the winners of this year’s contest; we look forward to celebrating local photography with you all at the 17th annual Exposed DC show later this year. Stay tuned for updates.
- “Variety Show: A Photo Ensemble” by Creative Platform, a photography group featuring nine photographers, will open at Gallery B in Bethesda soon. Join them for an opening reception on March 11 from 4-6 p.m.
- Photoworks has released its full list of spring and summer classes.
- Astronomers have released a gargantuan survey of the Milky Way, using data from the Dark Energy Camera Plane Survey taken at optical and near-infrared wavelengths.
- Shortlisted entries and finalists in the annual Sony World Photography Awards’ 10 professional categories have been announced.
- Multiple Exposures Gallery’s monthly photography critique is this Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- The top prize for the National Geographic “Pictures of the Year” contest captured a bald eagle swooping in to steal a perch on a tree log in Alaska.
- The northern lights seem to be putting on quite the display this year, according to photographers on the Isle of Man and these two pilots who incorporated an extra loop into their flight path to make sure passengers on both sides of the planes got a view.
- The Deutsche Börse Photography Foundation Prize has just announced the four shortlisted photographers that will appear in the 2023 exhibition.
- The winners of the Washington Gardener Magazine’s 2023 Garden Photo Contest were announced last month.