We want to wish everyone a very happy holiday season! Do you have some extra time over the coming weeks? Might we suggest perusing your photos for your favorite recent shots of the DC metro area to enter into our 17th annual photo contest. You can also keep photographing over the coming weeks as the contest closes on January 31. We look forward to seeing all your awesome photos!
- Join food photographer Scott Suchman for a full-day workshop at The Red Hen on January 22 with dinner to follow, $595.
- Check out the newly minted MVT Photo Walk along K Street between 4th & 5th Streets and in Prather’s Alley in Mount Vernon Triangle, part of a partnership between Exposed DC and Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District.
- Aviator Garrett Fisher is traveling the world in his tiny blue-white “Super Cub” aircraft, on a quest to document every remaining glacier on Earth.
- Scottish artist David Gilliver won the top prize in the macro category of the British Photography Awards for a photo that uses tiny figurines to turn a face mask into a swimming pool.
- While players and fans were keeping the eye on the ball during the World Cup, Paul Burrows was more curious about which cameras the professional sports photographers were using on the sidelines.
- Twenty iconic photographs by Richard Avedon are now on view at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in a new exhibition.
- Photographer Sarah Lee takes to the streets of London as the nights drew to their longest during the winter solstice.